Saturday, July 14, 2012

Just a little bit busy

I know it's been a while since my last post. Okay, a long while, but life has been so busy I haven't really been able to update you guys. I'm sorry.. So, I'm writing now, in my room and its pretty much dark because of the kind of crappy weather we've been having lately. It doesn't inspire much creativity, but hey. Life goes on through the rainy days.

I honestly don't have a lot of exciting news. Quite sad actually. But.....I applied to university (not sure if I've told you but here's to reinforcement) and I handed in my results and other stuff they need and now we are waiting, somewhat patiently, for the verdict...

I also recently did by NBT. That was a mission in itself. I guess I should be used to it by now that being disabled often comes with hurdles, but I'm continuously surprised at how hard life can be. I'm going to put that down as 'positive thinking'. I registered, just as everybody else, and waited for my test day to arrive. Two days before, my mom phoned to ask about accessibility and stuff like that. And she was told that I can't write with everybody else because I need extra time.

Don't freak out.

I did. But in retrospect, it actually worked out better in the end, the way that it was organised. I wrote my test and now....we wait for the results. They say it takes two weeks to get them, so on Tuesday we will see.

The major thing that is on every matric pupil's mind - well, hopefully - is prelims. Oh my goodness, they are very soon and I don't know about everyone else but I am stressing. I have five weeks until they start and we are still getting work to finish. I'm really not sure where to fit it all in.

These 'holidays' have been crazy. Kind of like when people take the day off and end up doing work anyway. We have been given a lot of work and needed to finish it in the holidays. Mostly, projects that we were given a while ago. But I am very good at the whole procrastination thing. I realised a couple of days ago that I can't do it anymore. Result = stress!

I may be overplaying it a little bit, but it's fun :)

My plan is to study for exams from now so I can kick prelims' ass! We'll see how well that plan works out when life starts interrupting again...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment