Monday, July 4, 2011

Rolling with the Inspiration

This last week has been quite bleak - weather wise. Not a lot you can do when the heavens are opening outside and it's too cold to do anything inside. So, why not write to you guys?

I'm on holiday now...until the 18th of July. It's amazing.

One thing I've been doing for the last three months is an article for Rolling Inspiration (a magazine aimed at wheelchair users). Rolling Inspiration is a bi-monthly magazine. I am one of two writers for a youth section in the magazine.

It's so exciting that I got the opportunity to write regularly. I appreciate it so much because it could open so many doors for me. My articles are about life as a differently abled person. It's quite nice to share my story with other differently abled people who are in similar situations to me.

This morning I woke up with that horrid feeling of "I've forgotten to do something important". I hate that feeling.

I found out later, when I got to Chaeli Cottage, that it was about my Rolling Inspiration article. I looked at previous emails from the editor and my deadline is TODAY! I had a little mini breakdown because I was still undecided about a topic and now I had to get it in by the end of the day.

But, the way I work is to only really work properly when under pressure. So, I got to writing. My article is finished now. I've emailed it. Now I just need photographs.

I hope what I wrote about is still the same as it was when I saw it so I can actually get a photo of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment