Thursday, December 1, 2011

Back home again

So, we are now firmly back in South Africa. We had a day flight, which is okay, but personally I'm not a fan. I felt like I lost a whole day of my life. I kind of did because I spent it in a metal tube where I couldn't do anything other than watch movies - and I can tell you, you can only watch so many movies until you die of boredom. I was very close to dying of boredom.

When we got to Cape Town International Airport, we were welcomed by the family and SABC journalists. We had interviews with them, and then went home to collapse after a hectic day of doing nothing. I was so tired.

It's so good to be home. It's really busy though, interviews with newspapers, tv, radio, it's ongoing. As I told you, really busy. Really tiring. But it's still really fun and I'm having a good time.

Everybody was and is asking me if I'm glad to be back home and have life back to normal...

I tell them that it's awesome to be home but life is definitely not back to normal. At least not the normal we were used to before I won the prize. I guess we are just going to have to get used to a new normal.

That's what life is about. Getting used to new normals.

No comments:

Post a Comment