Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Here's to 2013!

I apologise for missing the whole "Happy New Year" boat but we are now solidly into the new year and it looks promising!

I really love this time of the year - everybody is still excited about the prospects of the new beginning that is the new year vibe. Everybody is relaxed and has destressed and is ready to take on the world with fierceness. I am currently in this state of mind and I like it.

This year is going to be EPIC!! It holds so many new experiences for me. I am now a student, which is kind of weird that I haven't got teachers telling me when to do stuff, day by day. I am also moving into res at the end of January and I'm really excited about having an opportunity to experience university as a fully involved student. Life is going to be cray!

And then, of course, we have the Cycle Tour in March! It's quite quiet on this topic as we are waiting for things to happen before we can actually go out with Beastie the Buggy. However, stuff is definitely happening behind the scenes. We are working on our marketing strategy and looking for platforms to share our story.

Our fundraising goal has changed...slightly. Initially, we wanted to raise R50 000 for The Chaeli Campaign but we decided that we were thinking too small. So, our new goal is to raise R109 000! Seem like a random amount? It's not really. Let me explain. The Cycle Tour is 109 kilometres long and we figured it would be awesome if we can raise R1000 for each kilometre!

If you want to join our journey and make 2013 a year of conquering fears and making change, leave a comment or spread the word or whatever you feel like doing.

Go out and conquer!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment